Collection: Warren G. Harding Lodge No.260, F.&A.M.

Poulsbo lodge’s beginnings originate in Port Gamble.  In 1920, members of Franklin Lodge No. 5 living in or near Poulsbo began considering a new lodge closer to home.  They formed the Poulsbo Masonic Club and rented a portion of the third floor of the Eliason Building in downtown Poulsbo for their meetings.  A petition to apply to the Grand Lodge of Washington for a charter was filed two days after President Harding’s death on August 2, 1923.  The original name requested for the Lodge was “Golden Fleece” but it was rejected since another group of Masons in Washington was also considering the name.  Golden Fleece was crossed out on the petition, and since President Harding had just died his name was substituted.  The Lodge became official when it was chartered by the Grand Lodge of Washington on June 11, 1924.  

Source: "The History of Warren G. Harding Lodge No. 260, Celebrating 75 Years of Masonry 1924-1999, Poulsbo, Washington."